I wanted to wrap up our Family Summer Fun Serieswith a trip to Adventureland. We thought about visiting theme parks out of state, but decided against it (which was a smart idea). We ended up spending less time driving, and saved a ton in gas.
Even though we stayed on New York turf, we still had to make sure we had all the important essentials packed. Here’s a quick checklist along with helpful tips:
1. Have a stroller handy. Unfortunately we took my hubby’s vehicle, and forgot Princess’s stroller in my car. We had to carry her around sometimes. But, we still managed just fine.
2. Apply sunscreen before heading out, and keep it handy throughout the day. The sun was pretty intense.
3. Bring snacks and water. There’s plenty of food at Adventureland. But, Princess is a very picky eater (like her mama). Packing her favorite sandwich and/or fruit has bailed us out of cranky situations in the past. I didn’t want to risk changing the game plan now.
4. Be sure to pack something in the event of an upset stomach. Amusement park rides tend to make me nauseous. Yes, even the kiddie ones. I brought along Culturelle Kids just in case. Ever since Princess was an infant, she’s had a sensitive tummy too. Her pediatrician recommended the powder formula. Now that she’s older we keep the chewables handy. It provides ongoing maintenance for a healthy digestive tract. We haven’t used it in a while. But since it’s her first time going to a theme park, we’d rather be safe than sorry.
5. Don’t forget to pack baby essentials like wipes and diapers. I know it’s sounds elementary. But you wouldn’t believe the things we sometimes forget (e.i. the stroller). Princess is almost done potty training. But, I try to have pampers with me. Wipes are a must for a quick clean up.
6. Don’t forget your smart phone. There were times when we had to wait an eternity to hop on a ride. It was a meltdown averted when my hubby whipped out his phone with Dora the Explorer cued up. Also, your smart phone dubs as a great camera for taking awesome pics.
It’s such a bummer that there’s only a few weeks left of summer. We’ve had so much fun trying knew things and spending some quality time as a family. Have you had enough of the summer months yet? How did you spend it?
For more Adventureland photos complete with captions, check out my Google+ page.
Weather Anchor Mama
This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions expressed are my own.